HPCA has been informed the Ontario Municipal Board has scheduled prehearing conferences with:
- GWL: Wednesday, January 31st, 2018 at 10:00AM
- Minto: Thursday, February 8th, 2018 at 10:00AM
They will take place at the:
Ontario Municipal Board
655 Bay Street, 16th Floor
HPCA has contacted legal counsel to represent our organization at these important prehearing conferences which deal with preliminary and procedural matters, including:
- Identification of parties
- Identification of participants
- Identification of issues
- Possibility of settlement of any or all the issues
- Start date of the hearing
- Duration of the hearing
- Directions for prefiling of witness lists, expert witness statements and written evidence.
- The hearing of motions
- Such matters as the Board considers appropriate
For more information, read the OMB Prehearing Conference Info Sheet
It is important to note that the OMB’s notices state: “If you do not attend the prehearing conference, the Ontario Municipal Board may proceed in your absence and you will not be entitled to any further notice of these proceedings.”
As noted above, HPCA will be participating in these important prehearings.
Individuals are also welcome to attend and will have the opportunity to register as either “parties or participants” at the actual hearings.
For more information, read the OMB “Parties and Participants” Info Sheet